i ♥ faces - Fix It Friday - #43

My little girl's photo is on i heart faces - Fix it Friday this week :) Of course I had to join in on the fun. I have been playing around on Photoshop, trying to figure some things out. I've learned a few things today so that is good. I also wanted to thank the contributors at i heart faces. They all did a great job editing this photo. I have learned a lot from them!
Original:
I can't recall exactly what I did... but I can tell you what I remember....
For both of my edits I adjusted the levels and sharpened the photo. I also used the dodge tool to lighten the eyes and to clean up the shadows on the right. Then I cropped out the background clutter... at least some of it.
For the first edit I used PW's seventies action:
For the second edit I used PW's warmer action:


9 comments:
I love this photo of your little girl! I played along and did some fixes of it too! PhotoShop was way overwhelming to me at first... but I'm finally getting the hang of it, thanks primarily to the I ♥ Faces tutorials!
Oh so you are the mom of this little girl :) she's all over the net now :) I love working with on her photo using LR beta 3, thank you for this one.
Thanks for submitting your adorable picture to I ♥ Faces! It was super fun to play around with. Your kids are adorable - and I'm totally drooling over your heart-shaped cupcakes below! So cute! Where did you find those little pans?
Thanks for the picture and the comment! She definitely is a cutie! I had fun working on it. I agree with the commenter above: I cried every day for 2 weeks trying to figure PS out when my boss threw me into it 10 years ago. You just have to work at it every day until you have that "A-ha" moment. Then it becomes a challenge to find some "new" tool to try. But that's the fun part: trying!
This pic made me go back and do a Fix it Friday, which I hadn't done in almost a year. Thanks for the inspiration.
You can find it here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/89546210@N00/4350979599/
Your daughter is beautiful! It was fun playing with her photo.
She is SO cute! :-) and great job capturing that expression -- and with your fixes too . . .
Love the expression on her face. This was my first fix-it project ... the photo was so cute, I couldn't resist.
Your daughter is beautiful and I love her expression. Thank you for sharing your photo. I had the pleasure of editing her photo. You can find it here: www.staceyshippy.blogspot.com
Post a Comment