Friday, February 26, 2010

I Heart Faces- Fix-it Friday- #45



Today's picture is so cute and I am having fun learning new things! I am no pro (obviously), but this is helping me get to know Photoshop and I have fun playing around. Definitely check out iheartfaces today to see what the contributors did to edit this photo, they are amazing!

Original:

 


I really liked what the contributor Jessica Paige did to touch up the photo. And she helped me learn some new things in Photoshop :) So I followed her directions and went into adjustments and then to curves. Pulled up the midtones and then used invert on the layer mask (she explains it all here). I like how this toned down the harsh shadows and brightened the little girl's face.




Then I thought it would be fun to add some sun flare.... I did add a soft light layer (35% opacity) and a screen layer (35% opacity), but I decided that the sun flare didn't look all that great so I removed that.



Then I added PW's sunshine action (15% opacity) and also PW's seventies action (50% opacity). I love the color that the seventies action brings and the brightness of the sunshine action.




I just decided that this photo really needs that bright blue sky. I didn't like how the sky is so dull above. So I added a layer mask to the seventies action and erased the action where the sky appears. That way the sky is still blue, but I still got the effect from the seventies action. Then I cropped it to a 5x7. I can't decide if I like what I've done.... at least I got some practice! This little girl is sure cute :)



4 comments:

FiftyCentLove February 26, 2010 at 3:23 PM  

I like the 70s action.

Amy Henderson February 26, 2010 at 7:02 PM  

Lovely edits!

Anonymous February 26, 2010 at 7:07 PM  

Great job!

MeaganMusing February 26, 2010 at 8:02 PM  

I like how you kept the sky so blue after the 70's action. There's so much to learn, isn't there?

Jessica Bateman

Jessica Bateman
I am a hobby photographer just trying out fun new things! I started this blog to motivate myself to learn more of the art of photography. Feel free to leave your imput, I have a lot I want to learn!

Become a follower!

i ♥ faces

i ♥ faces
Week 47 - "We ♥ Tooshies"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Related Posts with Thumbnails